Langtang Gosainkunda Trek is one of the well regarded and widely held treks of Nepal which offers the pristine natural and cultural beauty of the Himalayan region as well as the close up view of the Mountains. In this trek you get to visit the holy lakes of Gosainkunda (lake) which, according to the myth, is created by the lord Shiva to quench his thirst by thrusting his trident into the mountain- side as he did it gush of water formed the pool and the Langtang gorge. The popular Langtang valley also recognized as the Valley of glacier is the spectacular valley which provides the astounding sight of the Langtang range as well as the glaciers including the Langtang glacier, the biggest glacier of Nepal. In this trek you also enjoy the vistas of the mountains like Langtang Ri, Langtang Lirung, Langsisa, Ganesh Himal, Manaslu, and many more. Another attraction of the Langtang trekking region is Langtang National Park where you can see various types of rare wild animals and birds like wild boar, Snow leopard, Red Panda etc.
Langtang Gosainkunda trek initiates from Safrubeshi of Rasuwa district after the 5/6 hours scenic drive from Kathmandu. On the way you stop at Kakani from where you can observe the Himalayan panorama, view of Trishuli River as well as the Kathmandu valley. In langtang gosaikunda trek you walk through the forest of rhododendron and oak, river gorges, ethnic villages of Tamang and Sherpa, glaciel morine, Langtang national park enjoying the natural panorama.
In different village you can explore the culture and lifestyle of the ethnic Tamang and Sherpa people. During the trek you also visit Buddhist monasteries where you can interact with the monks and nuns and get insight into their lifestyle. The best season to go for the Langtang Gosainkunda trek are autumn and spring when the weather is clear and you can have the clear view of the mountains as well as the natural scenery.
Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu Airport
Today you will arrived international airpoart of Nepal which is in Kathmandu city.after you will transfer to your Hotel included your itinerary.you can meeting your guide and other official person and make discouse how to well your trip.your guide give you right way how to take trekking.overnight in Hotel.
Day 02: Kathmandu Sightseeing
In the morning you will get up and take breakfast then we will starting our sightseeing in Kathmandu city,where we will visit patan darbar square,pashupati temple which is big and famous temple of hindus people in the world. bauddhanath stupa,etc.overnight in Hotel.
Day 03: Kathmandu Syafrubesi
After morning breakfast we tend to drive out on the north-western hills of national capital. fancy the Himlayan views and mountainous style through the terraced fields and rustic villages. Take Lunch at the Trishuli Bazar before continued any to Dhunche. From Dhunche, we tend to descent all the way down to Syabrubesi.
Day 04: Trek Syaphrubesi to Lama Hotel
This is our initial day of trekking these days. Follow the Langtang Khola watercourse. tolerate the dense forests. Cross many suspension bridges. we tend to additionally move a tea homes. The path goes up and down however it is not that difficult.
Day 05: Trek Langtang to Mundu from Lama Hotel.
Today once breakfast, we have a tendency to begin our trekking day towards the village of Mundu. Our path continues on dense forests. once creating a gentle climb up through the depression, we have a tendency to leave the line behind United States. get pleasure from the marvelous views of Langtang Lirung. On the thanks to Mundu, you'll additionally pass the Langtang Village, that was severely affected the the earthquake last year. Langtang depression alone lost four hundred lives, flooded away by Associate in Nursing earthquake-triggered avalanche, destroying a whole village and infrastructures. we have a tendency to additionally see the ruins of Langtang Village, wherever life is speed building back and some tea-houses area unit reopened.
Day 06: Trek Kyanjin Gompa
After breakfast, we are going to begin our journey to Kyangjin Gompa, a principal cloister of the region. you may surpass water mills, prayer wheels, chortens, with sacred mounds of rocks with inscriptions graven on them. conjointly pass the most important mani enclose Kingdom of Nepal, made of stone with prayers written on them. The prayers written on the mani wall is meant to be blown away by the wind. once the short trek, you may pay the remainder of the afternoon exploring the buddhist shrine and close areas with the wonderful views of the mountains.
Day 07: Free day at Kyanjin
After taking morning tea and breakfast,we get out of the village and pass away through yak pastures and begin for visiting to Tserko American state (5000m/16,404ft) for mountain sunrise views. Since, we have a tendency to ar extremely entering into the high altitudes, you would possibly begin feeling the skinny air. within the afternoon come to Kanjin Gompa- encircled by the mountain range all around. you'll take a walk around Kanjin Gompa enjoying the views, glaciers, icefalls, birds and yaks.
Day 08: Trek back to Lama Hotel
Today you retract to Lama edifice. All the means downhill however you may see fantastic views of eminent mountain what you have got uncomprehensible on the far. Take longer and prompt you to steer terribly slow. long in Lama edifice (2,470m/8,104ft).
Day 09: Trek Thulo Syabru
First path tight to stream, cross the stream and ascend to Thulo Syabru. you may see the fascinating read of Langtang Himal and a lot of. On the manner of your trek you may submit to pine and Junieerps forests. nightlong in Thulo Syabru(2,230m/ 7,316ft).
Day 10: Trek Shin Gomba
You take the broad path ascent up to Dimsa village and also the trial continues less steeply, through bush, hemlock and Oak forests to Shin gomba. On the approach of your trek you'll see fantastic views of Langtang Himala and langtang vale. Shin gomba is another fashionable place for Cheese. Over night in Shin gomba (3,330m/10,925ft).
Day 11: Trek Gosainkunda
The path ascends swimmingly through bush lined purpose to the highest of the rim and thru a wooded space. the realm intermediate Shin gomba and Laurebina Yak may be a sanctuary for the Ailurus fulgens, Associate in Nursing species that the Nepalese decision bear cat. you come to the ridge path and climb a wider route through alpine country to hit a Gosainkunda. Explore round the Lakes and long in Gosainkund (4,460m/14,632ft).
Day 12: Trek Gopte from Gosainkunda
Today may be a bit challenge day; the path is climb, rough and crosses moraines. Passing 3 additional tiny lakes, the path ascend and cross Laurebina La (4,609m/15,121ft) once the pass, the trail all the way down to phedi and you continue walk up and down through out crossing a rocky hill with pine, shrub trees. nightlong in Gopte(3,440m/11,286ft).
Day 13: Trek Melamchigaun
You sink through a wooded space and climb through a dry river-bed to reach a Kharka that's encircled by shrub forest. You climb through the forest to reach the village of Thare Pati. ascension the ridge directly higher than the village offers you a wonderful read of the Jugal space. Cross the village and enter a wooded space, once more descendant to Melamchi watercourse followed by over again ascension to the Malemchigaon (2,560m/8,399ft) for nightlong.
Day 14: Trek Tarke Ghyang
The day you enter a cultural destination it decision Helambu Region, walk up to Tarke Gyang wherever you'll fancy with Sherpa culture with ancient village and monasteries. The stone homes area unit close with slim alleyways separating them. nightlong in Tarke Gyang(2,590m/8,497ft).
Day 15: Trek Sermathang
You will cross tiny forest with the read of gorgeous village of Helembu region. The path makes a sweep round the wide depression finish between Parachin and therefore the pretty Sharpa village of Gangyul. The folks of this village apply Drukpa Kagyu Buddhism, a similar because the national faith of Asian country. nightlong in Sermathang(2,610m/8,563ft).
Day 16: Trek Malemchi Bazaar and back to Kathmandu
Short walk right down to Malemchi Puul Bazaar with several Asian village and catch transport to capital of Nepal. chain of mountains ice mass Trekking can host a farewell dinner. Congratulations on the completion of your trek! nightlong in national capital.
Day 17: Final departure.
Good bye Nepal see you soon.
The cost includes:
• All land transport on buses
• An experience Trekking Guide and porters (2:1 basis) insured, registered, experience, salary food and accommodation paid
• Langtang National Park entry permit
• TIMS ( Trekkers Information Management System )
• Three meals a day (Breakfast, lunch and dinner)
• All accommodation at tea house on twin sharing basis
* quipment such as Sleeping bag and Down jacket if required)
• All land transportation by bus
The price will not include:
• Lunch and dinner at Kathmandu
• Nature of personnel expenses
• Nepal visa
• Bar and beverage bills and all kind of drinks
• Personnel clothing
• Travel insurance and
• Tips (tips are expected)
• 1 large duffel bag: This will carry all your personal gear on the trek. It should be strong and durable. The best size would be around 30" x 14", with a full-length zipper and handles.
• 1 small padlock: Your duffel bag should be locked.
• 1 rucksack or day pack: This should accommodate a sweater, rain gear, water bottle, camera and accessories and any miscellaneous items you want to have during the day. We recommend a pack with at least 1450cu. In capacity, or smaller if you are not carrying a large amount of camera equipment.
• 1 small duffel bag or suitcase: Items not needed on the trek can be left at the hotel in Kathmandu. This bag should also have a lock. Be sure to leave room for purchases, or buy one in Kathmandu they have many good quality ones available.
Head and Face Gear
• A Bandana
• Lightweight gloves
• Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof shell outer
• Thermal underwear- Top and bottom. Synthetic is best
•2 Long shorts
•2 Trousers- (loose and comfortable) One thin, one thick and warm
• Down Jacket
• Fleece Jacket (or a windproof jacket)
• Waterproof jacket with a hood (or a poncho)
• Waterproof pants
• Baggy pants
• 2 pairs of gloves/mittens (1 thin and 1 thick)
• 1 sweater to be worn under the fleece jacket
• Light weight walking boots- (leather is recommended)
• Spare laces
• 2 pairs of thick woolen socks.
• 2 pairs of thin socks to be worn under the woolen socks
• One pair of sandals or comfortable shoes for camp
• 1 thermos- Water tends to freeze in ‘normal’ water bottles at high altitude temperatures.
• 2 one-liter water bottles
• Purification equipment- Boiled drinking water will be provided but further purification with iodine or purification tablets is highly recommended.
Sleeping and Carrying Equipment
• 30-40 liter daypack
• Rucksack- Without aluminum support
• Water Proof Bag- A water proof bag to cover the rucksack
• Sleeping Bag- Please brings a bag that can resist temperatures as low as -15 degrees Celsius.
Personal Medical Kit
• Bandage for sprains
• Iodine or water filter
• Moleskin/Second skin - for blisters
• Antiseptic ointment for cuts
• Anti-bacterial throat lozenges (with antiseptic)
• Aspirin/paracetamol - general painkiller
• Oral rehydration salts
• Broad-spectrum antibiotic (norfloxacin or ciprofloxin)
• Anti-diarrhea medication (antibiotic)
• Diarrhea stopper (Imodium - optional)
• Antibiotic for Giardia or similar microbe or bacteria
• Diamox (altitude sickness - can be bought in Kathmandu)
• Sterile Syringe set (anti-AIDS precaution)
• Reading book
• Trail Map/Guide book
• Journal & Pen
• Travel game i.e. chess, backgammon, scrabble