Kanchenjunga Base Camp trek is one of the attention-grabbing venues to visit for trekkers. The fact that this is the third highest peak in the world and it lies in the restricted area trekking zone of Nepal, which was opened only after 1988 for trekkers adds to the beauty of the journey. Kanchenjunga trekking area is staged at one of the remote areas of Nepal, so it could be of great interest to the people having desire to make long journey away from civilization. Besides the mesmerizing view of Kanchenjunga, there are other four peaks which are over 8000m and 15 peaks well over 6000m which could be seen clearly. While you trek through this area you could see wide range of scenery. Lush, tropical jungle of rhododendron, chestnut, oak forests along with the richness of natural beauty this trek route has rich wildlife, where Red Panda and other snow animals are very common; it could be due to the proximity of Kanchenjunga Conservation Area. Similarly, the varied landscape, the centuries old traditional lifestyle of local people, views of the boarders of Tibet and Sikkim, could add up additional beauty to this once restricted zone for foreigners. This trek has the major tour destination like Kanchenjunga Base Camp, Lapsang La and Sision/Mirgin La which can simply freshen your mind.
Kanchenjunga Base Camp trek requires strenuous level of endeavor, you are required to have good mental and physical fitness. To be far away from human civilization camping would be better option to conduct your trek. Similarly, to get the best experience out of this trek it is best to travel between March to May and October to December rather than being there other time. Kanchanjanga Base camp trek has the very varied geographical features which ranges from 1200m to 5180m off sea level. Normally to access there it's better to begin from Kathmandu itself but real journey starts with the camp at Chauki then passing through Gyabla you could ascend further towards Pung Pema then you can camp at Lhonak ensuing travel further the trail would ultimately lead you to Kanchenjunga Base Camp. After you have reached the destination you can return Suketar, which finally comes as your end point of Kanchenjunga trek.
Kanchenjunga Base Camp trek is one of the interesting sites belonging to restricted zone, and as per your wish and time other treks in this zone could be done, like that of Upper Mustang Trek, Manaslu Trek, Makalu Trek, Tsum Valley Trek etc.
Day 01:Arrival in Kathmandu
Day 02:Visiting the places of interest in Kathmandu
Day 03:Preparation and briefing for trekking
Day 04:Drive from Kathmandu to Ilam, 16hrs
Day 05:Drive from Ilam to Taplejung (2300m), 15hrs
Day 06:Trek from Suketar to Lali Kharka (2710 m), 6hrs
Day 07: Trek from Lali Kharka to Sinchebung (1900m), 7hrs
Day 08: Trek from Sinchebung to Marnankhe (2200m), 7hrs
Day 09: Trek from Marnankhe to Yamphudin (2300m), 6hrs
Day 10: Trek from Yamphudin to Ornje Khola (2260m), 6hrs
Day 11: Trek from Ornje Khola to Omje Torotan (2865m), 6hrs
Day12: Trek from Omje Torotan to Tseram – Oktang (4620mk), 7hrs
Day13: Trek from Oktang to Mirgin La (4620m), 7hrs
Day14: Trek from Mirgin La to Sinion La (4600m), 6hrs
Day 15:Trek from Sinion La to Ghunsa (3470m), 5hrs
Day 16:Rest day at Ghunsa
Day 17:Trek from Ghunsa to Kambachen (4100m), 5hrs
Day 18:Trek from Kambachen to Lonak (4760m), 5hrs
Day 19:Teak from Lonak to Pang Pama (5120m), 5hrs
Day 20:Rest day in Pang Pama
Day 21:Trek from Lonak to Ghunsa, 8hrs
Day22: Trek from Ghunsa to Amjilasa (2620m), 7hrs
Day 23: Trek from Amjilasa to Tapethok (2450m), 6hrs
Day 24:Trek from Tapethok to Jogidanda (2200m), 5hrs
Day 24:Trek from Jogidanda to Suketar (2300m), 6hrs
Day 25:Drive from Suketar to Biratnagar, 15hrs
Day 26:Drive or flight from Biratnagar to Kathmandu
Day 27:Final departure
- All the international and domestic airport transfers.
- Accommodation in 3 star hotel in Kathmandu on Bed and Breakfast basis Sightseeing in Kathmandu with guide.
- All the entry permits for Sightseeing in Kathmandu.
- Trekking Permit/Everest Region National Park Conservation Fee.
- Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS).
- Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu flight tickets for clients and all trekking crews.
- All the accommodation in best available guest houses during the trekking period.
- Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trekking period.
- Qualified and experienced trekking guide, Sherpa and porters services.
- Accommodation, food, allowance, insurance and equipment for all trekking crews during the trekking period.
- All the official paper works and taxes.
- Personal and Travel insurance.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Expenses of personal nature and any bar bills.
- Tips for guide and porter after the treks.
- Trekking and Travel insurance.
- Trekking gears.