Gokyo view trek, the substitute trek to Everest Base Camp, has been widely held these days among the holidaymakers. Gokyo view trek is a much more suitable alternative for Everest aspirers who can’t ascent ityet. Along with this particular feature, by Gokyo valley trek you can view some 8000m peaks like Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, and Makalu quite clearly. Beside these, Gokyo Lake and Gokyo Ri are other amazing destination which have very impressive sights beyond human imagination. By such unique existence this trek of Khumbu region adds extra glory to the beauty of Nepal.
To extend, Gokyo peak offers the best possible scenic beauty of Everest region, breath-taking mountain scenery, and tremendous ice ridges between Cho Oyu and Gyachung Kang are other alluring aspects. Beside this, to view the Ngozumpa Glacier, (the largest glaciers of Nepali Himalayas), this trek would be fine enough. Some attractive places like Lukla, Namche Bazaar Gokyo, Gokyo Ri, Mt. Everest et cetra are covered by this trek, and along with it the Sherpas and their culture could be exchanged. They are the major ethnic group of Khumbu region, who have their own language, culture, custom and livelihood. These people mainly practice Buddhism but influenced by Tibetan Buddhism. And, this area has some ancient monasteries along with festivals remaining unaffected for centuries from modernity as well as western world. These wonderful places could be enjoyed as per convenient time but in order to have the best of satisfaction and romance, it is better to travel between Mach to May and September to November.
Gokyo view trek like most of the courses in Khumbu region begins from Lukla. From Lukla you ascend to Namche. It'll be better to stay a day for acclimatization. Having the adaptation of new land, you can precede further to the places like Phortse Tenga, Dole, Machhermo and to Gokyo finally. There at Gokyo, you could do a lot of exploration like; the Gokyo Lake, Dudhkoshi, Mt. Everest and other giant peaks. After you have explored and entertained yourself you can come back through the same path to Lukla.
Gokyo view Trek is a wonderful trekking experience all in all. If you wish for more you can go further for the activities like safari, rafting, biking, tours, peak climbing or more trekking in the Khumbu region itself as per your convenient time and wish.
Day 01:Arrive at Kathmandu and transfer to the hotel.
Today, upon your arrival Tribhuvan International Airport, our representatives from Vista Adventure trek will welcome you and transfer to hotel.
Day 02:Full day Kathmandu sightseeing.
With the help of our experienced tour guide, you will spend this whole day for Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing. The main places will be: Pashupatinath, Swayambhunath, Bauddhanath stupa, Kathmandu Durbar Square and Patan Durbar Square among others.overnight at Hotel.
Day 03:Fly Lukla (2800m.) from Kathmandu and trek to Phakding (2604m.)
Early in the morning, we fly from Kathmandu to Lukla. The flight takes about 25-30 minutes to reach at Lukla. Then, we have to make the final preparations for the trekking From Lukla, we have to head for Phakding. At the end of this day, we will reach there and stay there stay at lodge overnight.
Day 04:Trek Namche Bazaar (3440m.)
Today, our trail follows the Dudh Koshi River bank and reaches in Tok Tok. You can enjoy the excellent views of Mount Thamserku peak from here. Passing through the Sagarmatha National Park area, we will reach at Namche Bazaar finally.our overnight at Hotel.
Day 05:Day of Acclimatization at Namche.
Today, we take rest whole the day for acclimatization or we can visit around the Khumjung Village to explore the area.and overnight at Hotel.
Day 06:Trek to Dole (4200m.)
After breakfast, we start our trek with pleasant walk trail through the forest with magnificent view of mountains until Kenjoma and the trail goes uphill towards Mung Danda for lunch overlooking the views of Amadablam, Khangteka, Thamserku, Kurum Khangru and also Kongde and Kongde-Ri. Then, following the trail will take us to Dole.overnight in Dole.
Day 07:Trek to Machhermo.
After our breakfast,We make an early start from Dole today. Our trek today is not going to be that strenuous but it the beauty of nature is amazingly spectacular. After five hours of walk, we will reach at Machhermo. We will stay at Machhermo tonight.
Day 08:Trek Gokyo (4790m.)
Early in the morning after having our breakfast at Machhermo, we move onwards along the various lakes on the way. We then continue our trek gradually uphill to Gokyo for our lunch. We stay there overnight in Gokyo.
Day 09:Hiking around Gokyo Lake and climb Gokyo Ri (5357m.)
We will be hiking up to Gokyo Ri for our ultimate goal to see the wonderful views of Himalayas including Mount Everest. If the weather is nice, you can spend few hours at the top of Gokyo Ri because we have enough time to enjoy the glory of Himalayas.overnight at hotel.
Day 10:Trek back to Dole (4200m.)
After exploring the Gokyo valley and Gokyo Lake, we then descend downhill to Dole today. We will follow the same trail back to Dole and stay there tonight.
Day 11: Trek back to Namche (3440m.)
Today, After our sweet breakfast we will start walking downhill again Namche. We retrace the same way back to Namche Bazzar today. And we will stay at Namche overnight.
Day 12: Trek back to Phakding and Lukla.
After a long walk, we will have long last day trek to Lukla today. After 4:30 to 5 hours of trekking we will reach at Lukla. This will mark the end of our trekking to Gokyo Valley.overnight in Lukla.
Day 13: Fly back to Kathmandu.
Today, we will fly to Kathmandu from Lukla. And in the evening, we will organize a farewell dinner for you. You will enjoy the celebration very much.
Day 14: Your Departure day.
Today is your final departure day we will say bye bye see you soon.
- All the international and domestic airport transfers.
- Accommodation in 3 star hotel in Kathmandu on Bed and Breakfast basis Sightseeing in Kathmandu with guide.
- All the entry permits for Sightseeing in Kathmandu.
- Trekking Permit/Everest Region National Park Conservation Fee.
- Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS).
- Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu flight tickets for clients and all trekking crews.
- All the accommodation in best available guest houses during the trekking period.
- Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trekking period.
- Qualified and experienced trekking guide, Sherpa and porters services.
- Accommodation, food, allowance, insurance and equipment for all trekking crews during the trekking period.
- All the official paper works and taxes.
Cost does not include:
- Personal and Travel insurance.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Expenses of personal nature and any bar bills.
- Tips for guide and porter after the treks.
- Trekking and Travel insurance.
• 1 large duffel bag: This will carry all your personal gear on the trek. It should be strong and durable. The best size would be around 30" x 14", with a full-length zipper and handles.
• 1 small padlock: Your duffel bag should be locked.
• 1 rucksack or day pack: This should accommodate a sweater, rain gear, water bottle, camera and accessories and any miscellaneous items you want to have during the day. We recommend a pack with at least 1450cu. In capacity, or smaller if you are not carrying a large amount of camera equipment.
• 1 small duffel bag or suitcase: Items not needed on the trek can be left at the hotel in Kathmandu. This bag should also have a lock. Be sure to leave room for purchases, or buy one in Kathmandu they have many good quality ones available.
Head and Face Gear
• A Bandana
• Lightweight gloves
• Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof shell outer
• Thermal underwear- Top and bottom. Synthetic is best
•2 Long shorts
•2 Trousers- (loose and comfortable) One thin, one thick and warm
• Down Jacket
• Fleece Jacket (or a windproof jacket)
• Waterproof jacket with a hood (or a poncho)
• Waterproof pants
• Baggy pants
• 2 pairs of gloves/mittens (1 thin and 1 thick)
• 1 sweater to be worn under the fleece jacket
• Light weight walking boots- (leather is recommended)
• Spare laces
• 2 pairs of thick woolen socks.
• 2 pairs of thin socks to be worn under the woolen socks
• One pair of sandals or comfortable shoes for camp
• 1 thermos- Water tends to freeze in ‘normal’ water bottles at high altitude temperatures.
• 2 one-liter water bottles
• Purification equipment- Boiled drinking water will be provided but further purification with iodine or purification tablets is highly recommended.
Sleeping and Carrying Equipment
• 30-40 liter daypack
• Rucksack- Without aluminum support
• Water Proof Bag- A water proof bag to cover the rucksack
• Sleeping Bag- Please brings a bag that can resist temperatures as low as -15 degrees Celsius.
Personal Medical Kit
• Bandage for sprains
• Iodine or water filter
• Moleskin/Second skin - for blisters
• Antiseptic ointment for cuts
• Anti-bacterial throat lozenges (with antiseptic)
• Aspirin/paracetamol - general painkiller
• Oral rehydration salts
• Broad-spectrum antibiotic (norfloxacin or ciprofloxin)
• Anti-diarrhea medication (antibiotic)
• Diarrhea stopper (Imodium - optional)
• Antibiotic for Giardia or similar microbe or bacteria
• Diamox (altitude sickness - can be bought in Kathmandu)
• Sterile Syringe set (anti-AIDS precaution)
• Reading book
• Trail Map/Guide book
• Journal & Pen
• Travel game i.e. chess, backgammon, scrabble