Gokyo chola pass trek provides the chance to enjoy the pristine Gokyo valley with its serene beauty of Sacred Gokyo lakes .Gokyo Chola Pass with EBC trek combines the beautiful Gokyo valley and Everest base camp and the high Cho La pass (5330 m).It lets you cross high Cho la pass and visit the Everest base camp on the foot of the world highest peak Mt. Everest (8848m). Cho La pass is the most spectacular destination for the adventure seekers which offers the Himalayan experience to the trekkers. During this trek you enjoy the superb view of the Mt. Everest, Mt. Kanchenjunga, Mt. Lhotse, Makalu and Cho Oyo, Nuptse, Ama Dablam, Pumori, Kusum Khangaru, Tamserku and many more climbing peaks of the Everest Region.
In this trek you can also enjoy the beautiful view of the Gokyo Lake, Khumbu valley, Khumbu glacier, Imja valley etc. The culture of the legendry Sherpa people, Tengboche monastery, world heritage site Sagarmatha national park, Dudh Koshi river valley are other remarkable attraction of the Gokyo-Chola pass with Everest base camp trek.
Gokyo chola pass trek begins with the scenic and unforgettable flight from Kathmandu to Lukla airstrip. You trek through the Dudh Koshi River valley, Sherpa village like Namche, , Khumjung, Tengboche, Sagarmatha national park, rhododendron forest, alpine meadows with beautiful view of the mountains, Glaciers, waterfalls etc. in the Sherpa villages you can explore their culture, tradition and lifestyle enjoying their greeting and hospitality. You also enjoy their Dumje festival which falls in the month of May and colorful masked Mani Rimdu festival performed in the Tengboche monastery. In Sagarmatha national park you can see various types of flora and fauna as well as the wildlife like Himalayan Tahr, goral,Red Panda, Serow, snow leopard, musk deer etc.
In this trek you also hike to Gokyo Ri, the perfect view point to observe the panoramic view of the mountains and Himalayan landscapes of the Everest region. The best season to go for the Everest Gokyo Lake Trek are autumn and spring when the weather is clear and you can have the clear view of the mountains as well as the natural scenery.
Day 01:Arrival at Kathmandu and transfer to the hotel.
Arrival Kathmandu airport and we will puck up to Hotel.Overnight at Hotel.
Day 02:Fly Lukla and trek to Phakding (2604m.)
In the morning we will move from Hotel to take flight.During the 45-minute flight from Kathmandu to Lukla, we enjoy one of the most beautiful air routes in the world culminating on a hillside surrounded by high mountainous peaks. At Lukla we meet our other crew members and begin packing and arranging with them. From Lukla, we start our adventure trekking. At one hour’s gradual descent, we will be at a Cheplung village from where we have a glimpse of Mt. Khumbila, a sacred mountain which has never been climbed. From Cheplung, we then gradually descend until we reach Phakding and over night at Hotel.
Day 03:Trek to Namche (3440m.)
After our breakfast we will Walking through a beautiful forest, we follow the trail north up the valley of Benkar.Then cross Dudh Koshi River and go on passing Chumoa to Monjo, the entrance to Everest National Park and after crossing a suspension bridge, we pass Jorsale village and walk alongside of the Dudh Koshi and Bhote Koshi rivers. A steep ascent brings us to the prime heartland of Sherpa village - Namche Bazaar. Fter one hours we will reach Namche.over night at Hotel.
Day 04 :Day of Acclimatization at Namche.
Today is our rest day. Namche Bazaar is the main centre of the Khumbu region and has government offices, ATMs, Internet cafes, shops, restaurants, and a colorful market. Your guide can take you to explore the real charm of Namche Bazaar. Hiking to Sagarmatha National Park rewards trekkers with a sunrise view and the views of Mount Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Ama Dablam, Thamserku, Kongde and so on. If we are interested in a day hike, we trek to Khumjung village. In exploring Namche Bazar, we observe traditional, life, Khumjung Hillary School, and enjoy flora and fauna found at such altitude. Overnight in Namche.
Day 05:Trek Tengboche (3867m.)
Today after our breakfast we walk for some time along the ridge and then descend to Dudh Koshi River at Phunkithanka. Then after crossing the bridge we ascend in the steep path up to the Tengboche. On reaching Tengboche you will see the local monastery. Tengboche have largest Monastery of Khumbu region. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 06:Trek to Pheriche (4243m.)
In the morning after our breakfast we will leave Pheriche and walk to reach Pheriche.we will see somany amazing thing while on trek.Over night in Pheriche.
Day 07:Free day at Pheriche and hike to Dingboche.
Like same days after our breakfast starting our trek.At first we descend to Debuche, cross suspension bridge on the Imja Khola, and then climb to Pangboche amongst thousands of Mani stones. Our uphill trek continues, taking us to the quaint traditional Sherpa village of Dingboche with its exquisite views of Lhotse, Island Peak, and Ama Dablam. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 08:Trek to Lobuche (4730m.)
In the Morning we get our breakfast and walk the trail continues along the lateral moraine of the Khumbu Glacier and passes by stone memorials for climbers who have perished on nearby summits. We continue to climb as we are heading to the altitude of 4911 meters at Lobuche which is really just a few huts at the foot of giant Lobuche peak.we reach Lobuche and stay over night here.
Day 09:Trek Everest Base Camp (5320m.) and back to Gorakshep (5147m.)
we will take our breakfast in the morning and This is another difficult day walk along the Khumbu Glacier and up to Everest Base Camp at 5365 meters, the closest you can get to Mt. Everest without mountaineering equipment. There will likely be a team there about to attempt the summit. The view of the Khumbu Icefall from Base Camp is spectacular. We return back to Gorak shep for the night. Overnight at Hotel in Gorak shep.
Day 10:Trek Kalapatthar (5545m.) and back to Dzonglha (4820m.)
After breakfast Most of morning in this day is spent climbing Mt. Kala Pattar, a small peak (by Himalayan standards) at 5555 m. The ascent is demanding but the climber gets the most magnificent mountain panorama: Everest, the highest point on the planet at 29028ft, 8848 meters, towers directly ahead and on all sides loom the other giants, Nuptse, Pumori, Chagatse, Lhotse and countless others. We make a quick descent to Gorak Shep. Then we descend gently to Lobuche and then go upward to Dzongla. over night in Dzonglha.
Day 11:Trek to Thangnag (4678m.) through Chola Pass (5420m.)
Today at first we walk on the flat stone path for some time passing through arid valley. Then we ascend in the steep path to Chola pass in the icy trails along Chola glacier. After we reach Chola pass we descend down on another side through the stony path until we reach Phedi. From there we climb down up to Thangna. we stay over night here.
Day 12:Trek to Gokyo (4760m.)
After breakfast We walk along the glacier route until we reach first Lake of Gokyo. The trek is easier over flat path following Dudh Koshi River up to Gokyo. It is a windy valley and situated near the third lake. At Gokyo you are stunned by the natural beauty of Dudh Pokhari Lake.Over night in Gokyo.
Day 13:Free day at Gokyo.
This day we take rest and explore the Gokyo valley. Gokyo is a trade center where the Sherpa people run lodges to provide the best services to the trekkers. Gokyo is situated by the side of Ngozumba glacier, the biggest glacier of Nepal. over night here.
Day 14: Trek Gokyo Ri (5483m.) back to Gokyo.
This day we first climb the Gokyo Ri which emerges above the village in the northern side of the Lake. From the Peak you can see the beautiful view of the summits of Everest, Makalu and Lhotse. Then we descend to Gokyo and trek top Machhermo. We follow the Dudh Koshi River. We see large yak pastures there.over night in Gokyo.
Day 15: Trek back to Dole.
Today after our breakfast we start our adventure from Gokyo to Dole.we need 5hrs to reach Dole from Gokyo. we have to see all natural place like stone grass and other lots of things on the way. after reaching Dole we will stay overnight here.
Day 16: Trek back to Namche Bazaar.
Like same activities our breakfast we will ready to take our adventure trek from Dole to namche.Fter 6hrs we will arrive at namche bazaar.over night at Hotel.
Day 17: Trek back to Lukla through Phakding.
This day is the last day of our trekking. From Namche we descend to Lukla passing through the forest of rhododendron and pine as well as Sherpa villages.Over nigt at Hotel.
Day 18: Fly back to Kathmandu.
Enjoying your last glimpse of the mountains you have recently visited for one last time on the 35 minute Scenic flight back to Kathmandu. On arrival in Kathmandu we are met and transferred back to our starting hotel. Overnight at hotel.
Day 19: Final destination.
The trip ends, our Airport Representative will drop you to the Kathmandu International Airport for your flight departure from Nepal.
- All the international and domestic airport transfers
- Accommodation in 3 star hotel in Kathmandu on Bed and Breakfast basis Sightseeing in Kathmandu with guide
- All the entry permits for Sightseeing in Kathmandu
- Trekking Permit/Everest Region National Park Conservation Fee
- Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS)
- Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu flight tickets for clients and all trekking crews
- All the accommodation in best available guest houses during the trekking period
- Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trekking period
- Qualified and experienced trekking guide, Sherpa and porters services
- Accommodation, food, allowance, insurance and equipment for all trekking crews during the trekking period
- All the official paper works and taxes
Cost does not include:
- Personal and Travel insurance
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Expenses of personal nature and any bar bills
- Tips for guide and porter after the treks
- Trekking and Travel insurance
• 1 large duffel bag: This will carry all your personal gear on the trek. It should be strong and durable. The best size would be around 30" x 14", with a full-length zipper and handles.
• 1 small padlock: Your duffel bag should be locked.
• 1 rucksack or day pack: This should accommodate a sweater, rain gear, water bottle, camera and accessories and any miscellaneous items you want to have during the day. We recommend a pack with at least 1450cu. In capacity, or smaller if you are not carrying a large amount of camera equipment.
• 1 small duffel bag or suitcase: Items not needed on the trek can be left at the hotel in Kathmandu. This bag should also have a lock. Be sure to leave room for purchases, or buy one in Kathmandu they have many good quality ones available.
Head and Face Gear
• A Bandana
• Lightweight gloves
• Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof shell outer
• Thermal underwear- Top and bottom. Synthetic is best
•2 Long shorts
•2 Trousers- (loose and comfortable) One thin, one thick and warm
• Down Jacket
• Fleece Jacket (or a windproof jacket)
• Waterproof jacket with a hood (or a poncho)
• Waterproof pants
• Baggy pants
• 2 pairs of gloves/mittens (1 thin and 1 thick)
• 1 sweater to be worn under the fleece jacket
• Light weight walking boots- (leather is recommended)
• Spare laces
• 2 pairs of thick woolen socks.
• 2 pairs of thin socks to be worn under the woolen socks
• One pair of sandals or comfortable shoes for camp
• 1 thermos- Water tends to freeze in ‘normal’ water bottles at high altitude temperatures.
• 2 one-liter water bottles
• Purification equipment- Boiled drinking water will be provided but further purification with iodine or purification tablets is highly recommended.
Sleeping and Carrying Equipment
• 30-40 liter daypack
• Rucksack- Without aluminum support
• Water Proof Bag- A water proof bag to cover the rucksack
• Sleeping Bag- Please brings a bag that can resist temperatures as low as -15 degrees Celsius.
Personal Medical Kit
• Bandage for sprains
• Iodine or water filter
• Moleskin/Second skin - for blisters
• Antiseptic ointment for cuts
• Anti-bacterial throat lozenges (with antiseptic)
• Aspirin/paracetamol - general painkiller
• Oral rehydration salts
• Broad-spectrum antibiotic (norfloxacin or ciprofloxin)
• Anti-diarrhea medication (antibiotic)
• Diarrhea stopper (Imodium - optional)
• Antibiotic for Giardia or similar microbe or bacteria
• Diamox (altitude sickness - can be bought in Kathmandu)
• Sterile Syringe set (anti-AIDS precaution)
• Reading book
• Trail Map/Guide book
• Journal & Pen
• Travel game i.e. chess, backgammon, scrabble